Our membership consists of one truck owner/operators to 20+ truck operators and all sizes in between. Every member benefits in being part of this organisation.
The LRTAQ is represented on many government committees including:
- Queensland Ministerial Freight Council
- NHVR Livestock and Industry Group (IOG)
- Remote Area Consultative Group (RACG) and
- Beef Industry Steering Committee.
The LRTAQ has had strong links with the department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) and now has more direct communication via the Executive Director ((Heavy Vehicle Project)| Transport Regulation Branch, Ms Christina Heffner.
Our strong membership base has allowed the Association to be a force to be reckoned with.
We have been heavily involved with:
- The Abolition of the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal (RSRT);
- Gaining a variation of driving hours for livestock drivers (Businesses can now apply for a driving hours variation here);
- Having an animal welfare variation to standard driving hours enabling livestock drivers to have an extra hour on a given day to deliver a load if driver has encountered unforeseen circumstances in an animal welfare scenario. Follow link for more information;
- Working with the State Government towards the retention of the Livestock Loading Concession Scheme;
- The ongoing issue of access to abattoirs and ports as well as the concept of “first and last mile.” access